Weight Loss!!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Its not Impossible!

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.

I was thinking about Thanksgiving already!! I am constantly thinking about what barriers will prevent me from achieving my goals… I was thinking about how hard it's going to be to eat and still lose weight. But really, its not impossible, remember, we can bring good choice food so that we can continue on the right path, a path of being healthy!!

I ate a 4 point pizza yesterday and it was SO good from Lona's pizza in Dearborn Heights, so good but I think my body was like "what's with all this cheese in one sitting". I have had a belly ache since I ate it. I think my body will tell me when I've made a bad choice, it's already used to eating good!!

I am going to do well, I am going to achieve my goals, and I will be a part of it, instead of passively letting things affect me and wondering what happened! Remember, we can choose what we bring to these meals (and what goes into them – don’t we want our families to be healthy too?) and we choose what goes on our plates! We can choose to go on a quick walk before or after dessert instead of sitting in front of the TV (and have good chatting while breathing in good air!) talk about the blessings of the past year with your family!

St. Francis said “Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

So I am going start by making good choices because that is what is necessary, and then I’ll be eating well, maybe a few ‘cheats’ and then I’ll be achieving the impossible. And I will be praying that God puts His hands over my mouth so I don’t make too many bad choices…

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment