Weight Loss!!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Be encouraging, be encouraged

1 Thes 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing

So I’ve lost a ton of eight before, I mean equvilent to the a small backstreet boy… seriously. However, I haven’t kept it off. I’ve done Low-Carb, WW. This time, I’m doing it with the support of my girlfriends and really with the strength of Christ, I am getting HEALTHY not just losing weight, and my tool is Weight Watchers.

Yesterday I was discussing it with someone who decided that they were going to ring in on what I was doing and how it was all WRONG! Really? Ok, fatty…. Why don’t you give me advice on how to lose weight… oh that’s right, you haven’t. You’ve got all the book smarts… however, you’re hands on only refers to your hands on a fork. I mean, I know I sound like a jerk, but seriously, I don’t want to hear people and their discouraging words.

Our lives are filled with negativity. Whether we think we can or we think we can’t, we are probably right (Henry Ford) and so I truly believe that success is the only answer to the question.

I find it a little funny that yesterday’s scripture in my food journal was Proverbs 3:5!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.

I am trusting that when I get tired, He will give me strength, that He will guide me, and how blessed I am that God has surrounded me with very encouraging friends for this journey!

Proverbs 3:1-6 (NLT)
1 My child, never forget the things I have taught you.
Store my commands in your heart.
2 If you do this, you will live many years,
and your life will be satisfying.
3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you!
Tie them around your neck as a reminder.
Write them deep within your heart.
4 Then you will find favor with both God and people,
and you will earn a good reputation.
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take


David Viscott: "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment