Weight Loss!!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What are we doing???

Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork. ~English Proverb

I cannot believe how many people struggle with Halloween candy. I can believe it, but I don't want to. And let me tell you, I'm not perfect... but I'm learning what makes me succeed and what makes me fail. I do not want to put up my own roadblocks.

You know how I keep away from such cravings?

First, I say no. I could say I start and stop at one piece but I will tell you, once off the wagon, the sugar cravings just keep going and going like the energizer bunny.

Second, I buy candy I don't like. I get a limited amount of points and I intend not to waste them on things I don't like. And even if I bought my favorite... nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

When Phyllis was younger she got 10 pieces, the rest was donated to a soup kitchen. If it's out of the house, neither of us are tempted.

I'm learning that the better I eat, the better I feel and why would I want to change that?

Today's scripture: Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment