Weight Loss!!

Monday, November 23, 2009

Change your way of thinking and you'll change your life!

My mind is a dark and scary place. But would you like to know where my ‘head’ is at?

I am only 2 pounds less than my lightest weight this year.

I am 10 pounds more than I weighed close to about 2 years ago.

That really doesn’t sound all that great does it…

BUT!!!

But somehow I feel so good! It’s not just about the losing weight, however, that is quite a bonus! Its about no more garbage in/garbage out. It’s about reducing my chances of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and fillintheblank disease Deut 5:17.

Its about being confident in my choices for me, and my family.

Its about knowing that I am a conqueror Romans 8:37! That food is a necessity but being fat is not. Its about leaning on the Lord, about finding comfort in Him, about finding out who I am, and what I really like. (Did you know I really don’t know if I like a lot of things because I’ve been too afraid to try). It’s about setting goals and surpassing them! It’s about making hard choices (like the fact that I am bringing healthy food with me to Thanksgiving, and truly hoping I won’t offend anyone).

It’s about slowing down and shutting up Psalm 46:10

It’s about knowing that I may have tried this a million times, but this time I not only say I am going to succeed, but that I will because I BELIEVE IN ME! (and when I forget that I believe in me, I always BELIEVE GOD John 6:69! And He says I am wonderfully made – and so much more! Psalm 139:14)

It means that I do believe that in Christ, I am a new creation 2 Cor 5:17, and all those times I’ve failed, they are cast on the ocean floor, and some gross sea-urchin can eat them J

So that’s where I am, overweight but confident that I am an overcomer, that I am who God says I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment