Weight Loss!!

Monday, January 9, 2012

what a day!

What a day,
Oh what a day.
My baby brother ran away,
And now my tuba will not play.
I'm eight years old
And turning grey.
Oh what a day, Oh what a day.



Whenever I say oh what a day instantly that poem repeats in my head.  LOL  It's by Shel Silverstein. 


Today was not about food.  It was about Jesus. I clung to Him all day! It was a rough day, a day I wanted chocolate, and cheese and tortilla chips, and arabic food... and... but instead I stuck with it, knowing that success = doing what is right/long periods of time.


My plan was a walk in the morning, but I missed my queue to get out of bed.  So I went in the evening.  I even didn't want to do that at 8pm but I reminded myself that it was part of the plan, and in order to hit the goals I have set out, a walk was needed.  30 minutes, 1.72 miles.  I wasn't setting any speed records, but I was out!  and about!  I was moving faster than I have moved in quite awhile.


I had a good weekend, I ate very well.  However, I weighed myself and I was up two pounds, that's frustrating.  But I'll keep doing what I know is right!!


So that's it. A little frustrating, but I know what to do. Going to just keep doing it.


Phil 3:13-14 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment