Weight Loss!!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

oh boy... here we go!

I am an all or nothing kind of girl.  which makes it tough to take things slow.  


A few months ago, i set out a plan on daily living.  really living.


One does not become overweight over night.  And one does not get back into shape overnight.


I got the clearance to run the marathon.  I have to take it slow.  LISTEN to my body.  I am always inspired by Biggest Loser.  While some eat ice cream while it's on, I did crunches (100) and push ups (50) and lots of stretching.  


I announced on facebook that I would be doing the marathon.  I will.  But I've got to have a plan.


So here is my life plan.  I'm also tracking it on my calendar so I see the stickers of what has been accomplished.


I'm a little nervous.  But nothing (that's right - nothing) is impossible with God.


2012 is about healing.


Mind 
Body
Heart


That means I have to work on all those to be the woman that God intends for me to be.


I like to think of it as living life in 3D.

Diet 
Devotional
Discipline 

It is such a great way to think about it! For some people losing weight may be a diet, a quick fix to lose weight, but to me, it’s about what you eat, the good and the bad (and sometimes the ugly!).

Merriam Webster says Diet can be defined as:

a : food and drink regularly provided or consumedb : habitual nourishmentc : the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reasond : a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight 
2: something provided or experienced repeatedly

I wrote out my own Real Life Plan:
Diet:
Stay within my WW points (32 + 47 extra)
Drink 96 ounces of water (minimum) – that’s ¾ gallon
Eat 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies (must be 0 point per WW guidelines)
Eat whole grains instead of ‘white’ carbs
Don’t overstuff myself – hey… what’s wrong with leftovers?
Eat in-between meals – but it must be a fruit or a veggie + protein

I am not going to limit myself with “don’t’s” as long as it is within my points.

Devotion:
Read my bible everyday
– I am in a study with friends with daily reading of the Chronological Bible on Youversion
– Memorize one scripture a week
– Dieter’s Prayer Book Devotional
– Live Loved/My Utmost for His Highest Devotional
– Journal/Blog
– Live Phil 3:13-14 EVERYDAY!


Discipline:
100 sit-ups everyday
Get 6-7 hours of sleep a night
Walk (soon run)/Go to gym 4 days a week
Read a God honoring book a month
More reading
I will be reporting out the good, the bad, and the ugly on how I am doing!


And by the way... I can't wait to get my shiny cape at the end!! I hope to see you there!!

1 comment: