Weight Loss!!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Journaling

I have a new journal for all my food logging. The one they gave me at WW wasn’t big enough to log all the food I eat, HA! I do eat a lot of veggies and a lot of 1 or 2 point food snacks. Yes, I write down EVERYTHING!! And I have a label at the top that says water goal: 160 oz with 5 flowers (5 – 32oz glasses each day!)

This journal on the front says “The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day” Proverbs 4:18

It was something I found that I thought would work and every other page has a scripture, reminding me that I am not on this journey alone, because God is in the details, He loves us, and it reminds me that I am with a few friends on this journey to encourage each other.

The first one… Eph 2:10… I am God’s masterpiece. I am wonderfully made. He is with me.

The one I turned to last night… Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. NLT

The title of this blog is that it’s not about the food. It’s not. It’s about the struggle I’ve had, having people say to me “you’ll always be fat” the loathing, the stress-eating, the addiction to eating when I’ve said “I can’t stop” or that I look in the mirror and I hate what I see. I remember that letter that was written to me that said “sometimes you stand in front of me and I don’t like the person I see” and that came from someone who is supposed to love me the most. And sometimes I look in the mirror and I don’t like the person I am, because I know where I’ve been in my heart and what my body looked like before. God is exposing my innermost thoughts and desires and he has given me those desires, they are good, and I can’t wait to see how He fulfills them.

Gluttony is an emotional escape, a sign something is eating us. ~Peter De VriesYou Said a Mouthful, Ronald D. Fuchs, ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment