Weight Loss!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Err on the side of grace

Some people do really well on their own, me I need support, and accountability.  I need other people's ideas, etc.

After a long fight with pride, I rejoined Weight Watchers.  Talked to some peeps about their newest program, and I must say... I think I'm gonna like it.  I mean as much as you can like not getting to eat whatever you want and as much as you want... but I'll like it more than being fat, thank you very much.

So... I'm sure a lot of people think 'oh here she goes again, fallen, I wonder how long she will last this time?'  There are so many times we fall, we get back up, we go running back into the arms of God, for whatever our struggle is.  And I always think we should err on the side of grace. Forgive people, lift them up, even if they might fall again.  Err on the side of love...  I do that for others, but I'm so hard on myself! 

Well, here's the thing, I'm erring on the side of grace for me.  No more self loathing. Even to the point that I cleaned out my closet and if the clothes weren't within one size (down) of where I am now, they are getting donated.  No more self loathing (every time i looked at those size 8 pants I'd think 'you're such an idiot, a failure! - NO MORE OF THAT!).  Half the fun of losing weight is buying new clothes anyway! 

So here I go... (again)...

2 Cor 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I completely understand what you are saying; I do that same thing! I need to err on the side of grace for myself as well. This is just what I needed to hear today!

    ReplyDelete